Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I Learned About the 12 Twigs Critique

Today on Wednesday September 17th, Interior Architecture had a critique on our place for twelve twigs project. In that critique we discussed strategic thinking and our issues in general.
The strategic thinking involved lots of things to think about when creating my project. One issue was our focus on the project. If we had lots of variety in our projects, we should reduce the amount of things going on and as Tommy put “emphasize what we aim to emphasize.” If the project had lots happening, our eyes didn’t know where to focus, which ended up taking away from the project.

Another topic was the class’s issues in general, as in scale and visualization. Our scale of how the project related to the size of the twigs was a problem in most cases. Some projects size took away from the twigs, which were the star of our projects. Another key issue in scale was color. The color we used needed either to contrast greatly or to compliment the twigs. With Visualization our pattern and form had to be exact as well. Again, make our eyes go to where the designer wanted.

Overall, I learned that making more projects never hurt. As for my project, I learned I should experiment with color and possibly with the size to create a place for my unique twelve twigs.

No comments: