Saturday, October 11, 2008

Unity Project



For this project we were to use 12 bamboo skewers and 12 (4"x6") planes of bristol board and make anything we wanted out of those. The only exception to the rule was that we could not cut the bristol board and we could not change the color of any of the objects.
My first model was to make circles and curve the remaining paper into each individual circle. Two  rods pierced the planes and the rest fell into place between the five circles and curves. The problem with this was there was two planes of bristol board left over and nowhere for them to go.


Next I used six pieces of Bristol board to create the circles and hot glued the ends together. Then I curved the planes on each side of the circles and in doing so that used up all of the planes. Next was the skewers. I liked the triangle shape that the first unity project had on its side. So I mimicked the same structure only this time paying attention to where the skewers hit.  The only problem with this model, was that it was not level with the table and rocked. 




This was my next itteration of the unity project. Tommy suggested using vellum, which I tried. I did not think that was following the rules, so I decided to go back to the white bristol board. This project I made sure was level with each side of the skewers. 










For this last Unity model I used everything that I had learned with the previous ones and made sure that the highest craft level was used. The circles and each space in between them are evenly spaced apart making unity throughout the project. The curves and straight planes are opposite but in this model they compliment one another creating a beautiful proximity with each other. 


No comments: